Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Intern at the AC

The American Corner is open again after the holiday break. Everything is running normally so make sure to stop in for Free English Conversation Hour and Free Film Fridays. This month's theme is "Indiana Jones."

"Hi, My name is Karl Metzger. I'm the new intern at AMIDEAST, here to help out Margaret in the American Corner. I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin where I also study at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I'm a Global studies major focusing on the Middle East and North Africa. Prior to my recent arrival in Tunis, I studied for four months at the American University in Cairo. Since leaving the US last August I have had the opportunity to travel through Egypt, Jordan, Israel, and the West Bank. I'm greatly looking forward to acquainting myself with Tunisia now and getting to know those of you who frequent the American Corner. Please feel free to stop in and introduce yourselves."

No comments: